Collection and Use of Personal Information
- You can visit the website of SRI and SRI’s publications department, SRI Press, without revealing any personal information. However, SRI requires certain personal information if you wish to purchase or download free of charge our products and services and receive updates from SRI or SRI Press.
- Where required, this information may include your personal contact information and/or your company contact information. SRI will use this information to reply to your inquiries, to provide you with requested products and services, and to occasionally contact you regarding new products and services and/or updates on existing products and services.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
SRI uses Google Analytics to help analyze how users use its sites. The tool uses “cookies,” which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for SRI and SRI Press.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
SRI uses your personal information only for the purpose of administering its business activities and providing customer service. SRI does not sell, trade or otherwise transfer your personal information to third parties. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our websites, conducting our business, or servicing you provided that those third parties agree to keep this information confidential and abide by our policies with respect to your personal information. We may also disclose your information when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, and/or protect the rights, safety or property of SRI or others.
Links to Other Websites
If you do not consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this policy, please do not provide any personal information to SRI or SRI Press.
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be considered 100 percent secure. E-mail transmissions are not generally a secure medium of communication; therefore, we request that you not provide SRI with private information through e-mail. However, personal information you disclose through registration and purchasing is protected for your privacy and security. In certain areas of our websites, as identified on the site, SRI uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
- We also safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access, through access control procedures, network firewalls and physical security measures.
- Further, SRI retains your personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes identified above or as required by law.
SRI may at any time, without notice to you and at its sole discretion, amend this policy. Please review this policy periodically. Your continued use of the SRI or SRI Press websites after any such amendments signifies your acceptance thereof.
Questions or Suggestions